Thursday, August 25, 2011

Michigan Thursday: Danny O, Kyle Kalis and That Purdue ACL Elephant

When Kyle Kalis de-committed from Ohio State and a few weeks later picked Michigan.  He got "light up" on twitter and other social media from Buckeye Fans that couldn't believe he picked Ann Arbor over Columbus.   Since that date there have been a ton of rumors that Kyle will eventually end up in OSU's 2012 class.  Mostly if the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer and crush the Buckeyes for the next few years.   I expect the NCAA to drop more then 3 years "Show Clause" on Tressel, maybe cut 5 scholarships from the Buckeyes for the next 2 years and 2 years of probation.
It's hard to know what will happen between now and signing day but I sure how Kyle stays Blue. 

The next recruit we are looking at today is Danny O'Brien a 4 star DT recruit from Flint.  Tennessee was his early leader but Michigan popped their head up in his recruitment this summer.   His best friend happens to be Matt Godin who is also committed to the Wolverines in the 2012 class.  Danny recently cut his list to 6 and plans to cut it even further soon.  

The big question in Danny's recruitment to Ann Arbor is; Will Michigan take another DT in this class?
Sounds like they will:  "Hoke said to me, 'Take your time. I know you're one of those guys that is really making a decision in cutting them down.' He said, 'Take your time and we will take you whenever.' That stood out to me. I was never the guy that had a dream school picked out. That was big for me because I've been down to Tennessee a few times and that's what I liked about them. They said, 'Take your time. It's your decision. You are your own man and you have to make your own decision.' When Coach Hoke finally said that (also), that was big for me with Michigan."
Danny will take his official to U of M for the ND game.  That will be a huge recruiting weekend for the Wolverines.
  • Purdue keeps their ACL streak alive, QB Rob Henry is the latest victim.