Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wolverine Wednesday: Asks if Armani is a Good Fit For Michigan?

One of the things that I keep hearing on the recruiting trail is that Michigan is looking for another top DB in the 2012 class.  Which seems strange with the number of guys they have in the 2011 class and the couple in the 2012.

One of the guys that Michigan was on early but had kind of flamed out was Mass. Catholic Memorial cornerback Armani Reeves (4 star CB 5'11 185 pounds). The Michigan coaches wanted Armani to commit to Michigan early this past Spring, he wasn't ready and they both decided to see other people.  Armani put ND and Penn State in his top group and Michigan got a commit from Terry Richardson and Anthony Standifer.

The Michigan coaches have reached out to Armani again and have him re-thinking his top list of ND and PSU.  Armani is/was high on Michigan because of academics, tradition and ability to get on the field early.  I kind of had mixed feelings because I wished I could have avoided the way everything happened, but they've always been one of my favorites. There was happiness and relief in there too. Penn State and Notre Dame are my top two so this shakes things up a little bit. It changes my path. It makes me want to think about everything and how I like the school so much with the academics. My major is there and the campus is great and all the guys there are really cool.

  • Sam Webb interviewed Ondre Pipkins, which should be up on the WTKA site today.

  • There have been some rumors that Michigan is still alive in 5 star WR Stefon Diggs recruitment.   He is a talented young man but has some work to do in the classroom to qualify.  With still his senior year left it still could happen.

  • Michigan's 2012 class is currently ranked #2 in the Country by Scouts.  Which is pretty consistent with the other services.