Monday, May 9, 2011

Michigan Monday: Wonders What's On Tap for Recruiting This Week

Michigan is on fire right now the recruiting trail.  I wonder how Sparty is feeling at this point?  Michigan has beat them every time this year in a head to head battle for recruits.  Michigan currently has 10 verbals and each recruit is either from Ohio or the Great Lakes State.   This is where Sparty makes hay and right now they are hay-less.   The Spartans have 4 verbals for the 2012 class and none of them had Michigan offers.  7 out of 10 Michigan commits had MSU offers.


So what could be next for the Wolverines?
  • Instate DT/DE Matt Godin announces on Thursday.   Many expect him to be Blue. 

  • 4 Star CB Terry Richardson  (who is friends with Ross and RJS) has been making noise about making a decision this week or next.   He was in Ann Arbor for a visit this weekend. 

  • Instate 4 Star WR Aaron Burbridge (who is teammates with Ojemudia and Funchess) was in Ann Arbor this weekend as well for a visit.  Does he want to join this teammates at Michigan?

  • TE Ron Thompson is now getting recruited by a number of other big time schools and may continue to wait.  If I were Ron and Michigan still wants me, I wouldn't wait too long with how fast this class is filling up.

  • 5 Star OSU verbal running back Bri'onte Dunn enjoyed his visit to Ann Arbor this weekend.  He is playing it pretty close to the vest right now (no pun intended) as OSU's troubles seem to continue to grow.

  • Anthony Standifer is a new name for us here at BHB.  He is a  6'1", 178 lbs CB from Crete, Illinois.  He just got offered and is very excited about it:  I have very very strong interest in Michigan. Me and my mom and dad are going to sit down and figure everything out, but I'll be visiting on Thursday [May 12th]. I was just excited and at a loss for words when they offered. I feel very thankful and appreciative for the offer. Michigan is at the top of my list.  Anthony has mostly MAC offers and from lower tier Big Ten and Big East teams.  I'm betting Michigan likes his size at CB.  I would consider him on commitment watch on Thursday during his visit to Ann Arbor.